- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
- Grade Processing
- COVID-19 FAQs
Iowa State at a glance Fall 2019
Total Enrollment: 33,391
Undergraduate Total: 28,294
Graduate Students: 4,498 students
Professional Students: 599 students
Interesting Statistics 2019
- New direct from high school students (freshman class) of 5,597 students includes 3,380 Iowans.
- The freshman class has an average ACT score of 25 and an average high school GPA of 3.68.
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from 115 countries.
- This fall, 18,341 Iowans are attending Iowa State (54.9 percent of the student body).
- A total of 3,189 international students enrolled at Iowa State in fall 2019, comprising 9.6% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in fall 2019, 14,543 (44%) were women and 18,848 (56%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 43% were women, while 82% of professional students were women and 43% of graduate students were women.
- U.S. multicultural enrollment is 4,870 (15% of total enrollment).
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early September and late January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Additional reports are available from Institutional Research.