Medical Documentation Guidelines
In order for an out of term withdrawal or tuition appeal to be considered based on a medical circumstance, a statement from your health care provider on official letterhead is required.
Medical Documentation Guidelines:
- Include medical treatment facility name and phone number.
- Include student's full name.
- Clearly state the diagnoses.
- Include date of onset as well as treatment dates.
- Detail severity of illness as it relates to impact on ability to be enrolled at Iowa State University. If the diagnosis is pre-existing, detail what has changed to impact student's ability to be enrolled at Iowa State University.
- Be typed on official letterhead and be signed/dated by an appropriate medical health care provider.